Tropical Retreat: An Historic Getaway
4 Bedrooms / 3 Baths
Accommodates 8 People
Minimum 30-night stay required.
Key West, FL
Enjoy this wonderful historic home with recent renovations, perfectly placed pool, separate Pool House and spacious patio to enjoy the tropical landscaping. This home is situated in the heart of Old Town, just six blocks from Duval Street, the home of world famous watering holes, shopping and dining. Tropical Retreat also is just a few blocks from White Street, the up and coming mecca for arts and entertainment, and close to Faustos grocery and another Key West hot spot, Sandy’s Cafe, known for the best cafe con leche on the island.
Tropical Retreat’s main house features original Dade County Pine that gives this historic house an authentic Key West vibe. There are three bedrooms (king, queen & full beds) and two full baths. The lovely indoor dining area is right off the open full kitchen, which includes granite countertops, all appliances and everything you need to cook, prepare and serve your favorite Key West dish. Step out the French doors and look upon your private heated pool and the separate Pool House, equipped with a full size bed for that unexpected guest, as well as a tiled bathroom and mid-size refrigerator. There also is a separate laundry room with a washer and dryer.
The extensive outdoor living space is complete with a large umbrella to shade you from the Caribbean sunshine as you relax on your chaise lounges. There is a gas BBQ grill for those evening Iron Chef cook-offs, off-street parking for up to three vehicles and the perfect front porch for enjoying the lazy days of Key West.
- Amenities: Heated Pool, Three full baths, Hi Speed Wireless Internet, A/C, Ceiling Fans, Iron and Ironing board, Washer/Dryer, Gas BBQ grill, CATV, DVD Player, all linens provided. Housekeeping provided upon request at $25 per hour. Full concierge service.
- Parking: Three off-street spot reserved, on-street parking also available.
- Sleeping Arrangements: King Bed, Queen Bed, 2 Full Beds
- Restrictions: Smoking only permitted outside.
- Pets: Pets are welcome, although some size restrictions apply. There is a $200/month pet charge.
- Location: Six blocks to Duval Street, and walking distance to restaurants, bars and shopping.
Map to Tropical Retreat:
We had a fantastic time at this gem! We vacationed with my sisters/brothers-in-law and the house provided ample room and private accommodations for all of us. Manager Kevin was there at the beginning and throughout our stay. He was responsive to our needs and questions. The house is unbelievable – a great layout, with the back cabana a super extra – a private efficiency unit! Off street parking and super friendly neighbors were an unexpected bonus! While we are all over 60, our daily walks to Duval and to the waterfront were easy and each route was different and revealed the fun and unexpected variations of Key West. We hardly ever needed our cars! Restaurants and shopping are also very convenient to the house. We will be back! – Rick B.